Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), part of the prestigious Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO Recruitment 2023). VSSC Recruitment 2023 invites applications for the positions of Light Vehicle Driver-A (Post No. 1521) and Heavy Vehicle Driver-A (Post No. 1522). This golden opportunity comes with a Level 02 pay scale (
19,900 – 63,200/-) and promises a rewarding career.
- ISRO VSSC Drive Recruitment 2023 Details
- ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Important Date
- ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Application Fees
- ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Important Links
- VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Post Details
- ISRO VSSC Recruitment Driver 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
- VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- How to Apply VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023
ISRO VSSC Drive Recruitment 2023 Details
|Organization||Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)|
|Name of Post||Driver|
|Advt no||VSSC-328 DATED11.11.2023|
|official Website||Click Here|
ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Important Date
|Crucial Date of Eligibility||27.11.2023||1700 Hrs|
|Opening Date of Online Application||13.11.2023||1000 Hrs|
|Closing Date of Submission||27.11.2023||1700 Hrs|
|Tentative Date of Written Test||To be announced||–|
ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Application Fees
The application fee details, especially regarding the refundable amounts, provide a clear understanding of the financial aspects associated with the application process for the specified positions.
|Category||Application Fee||Refundable Amount (on appearing in the written test)|
|Female / SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PwBD Candidates||Rs.500 (initially)||Full fee|
|Other Candidates||Rs.500 (initially)||Rs.400 (refundable, deducting bank charges)|
ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Important Links
|Apply Online||Apply Online || OTP Verify|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here || Click Here|
|Visit Official Website||Click Here|
VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Post Details
|Post No.||Post Title||Pay Level||Total Post||UR||OBC||SC||EWS||Total|
|1521||Light Vehicle Driver-A||Level 02 (19,900 – 63,200)||9||5||2||1||1||9|
|1522||Heavy Vehicle Driver-A||Level 02 (19,900 – 63,200)||9||5||2||1||1||9|
ISRO VSSC Recruitment Driver 2023 Eligibility Criteria
|Post No.||Post Title||Educational Qualifications||Experience||Age Limit|
|1521||Light Vehicle Driver-A||Pass in SSLC/SSC/Matric/10th Std.||Must possess valid LVD license.||35 years for UR candidates.|
|Must have 3 years’ experience as a Light Vehicle Driver.||Meeting other Motor Vehicle Act requirements within 3 months of joining.|
|1522||Heavy Vehicle Driver-A||Pass in SSLC/SSC/Matric/10th Std.||Must possess valid HVD license.||35 years for UR candidates.|
|Must possess valid Public Service Badge.||Must have 5 years’ experience (3 years as Heavy Vehicle Driver).|
|In case Public Service Badge is mandatory in any State(s)/Union Territory(ies), candidates from such State(s)/Union Territory(ies) should meet this requirement within 3 months of joining.|
Please note that the age limit is as of 27.11.2023, and there are relaxations for certain categories as per Government of India orders. Additionally, it’s essential to possess the requisite qualifications and experience as of the last date of application.
ISRO VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the Light Vehicle Driver-A (Post No. 1521) and Heavy Vehicle Driver-A (Post No. 1522) positions at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) involves two levels: a written test and a skill test. Here’s a breakdown of the selection process:
1. Written Test:
- The written test is the initial stage of the selection process.
- The test consists of one paper with 100 objective questions.
- Duration of the written test is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The paper is divided into four parts:
- Part-A: Objective questions based on Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
- Part-B: Elementary English of 8th standard level
- Part-C: Elementary Arithmetic of 10th standard level
- Part-D: General Knowledge
- Correct answers carry one mark each, while wrong answers carry a penalty of -0.25 marks.
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 50% marks in Part-A and a minimum of 50% marks in Part-B, Part-C, and Part-D combined to be eligible for shortlisting for the skill test.
- If sufficient candidates to fill reserved vacancies (SC/OBC/Ex-servicemen) are not available, relaxation of marks up to 25% may be allowed in the written test.
2. Skill Test:
- The skill test is conducted on a ‘go-no-go’ basis (pass or fail).
- Marks obtained in the skill test are not considered for selection; it is evaluated on a 100-point scale, and a minimum of 60% is required for qualification.
- No relaxation is allowed to SC/OBC/Ex-servicemen candidates in the skill test.
- The final selection is based on the scores obtained in the written test.
- In case of a tie in the written scores, academic scores of the notified qualification act as a tie-breaker.
Other Important Information:
- The written test center will be in Thiruvananthapuram & Ernakulam.
- The detailed syllabus for the written test includes topics related to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, English, Arithmetic, and General Knowledge.
Candidates should prepare thoroughly for the written test, as it serves as a crucial step in determining eligibility for the skill test and, ultimately, the final selection. The skill test focuses on practical skills relevant to the job, and the final selection is based on a combination of written and skill test scores.
VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
|Sl No.||Syllabus||Marks Allotted|
|1||PART-A [Objective Type Questions based on Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 as amended from time to time]||50 marks|
|– Various Sections of Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 as amended from time to time.|
|– Licensing of Drivers of Motor Vehicles.|
|– Registration of Motor Vehicles.|
|– Control of Transport Vehicles.|
|– Control of Traffic.|
|– Insurance of Motor Vehicles.|
|– Offence, Penalties, and Procedure.|
|– Mandatory signs.|
|– Accident Claims.|
|– Accident Claims Tribunals.|
|2||PART-B [English – Elementary English of 8th standard level]||15 marks|
|– Synonyms, Antonyms.|
|– Use of correct verbs.|
|– Choosing appropriate given words and phrases to fill-in the blanks in sentences.|
|3||PART-C [Arithmetic – Elementary Arithmetic of 10th standard level]||15 marks|
|– Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division.|
|– Percentage, Ratio, Average.|
|4||PART-D [General Knowledge]||20 marks|
|– General Knowledge, Current Affairs.|
|– ‘Who’ is ‘Who’.|
|– States and Capitals of India.|
|– Geography of India.|
Note: The total marks for the written test are 100. Correct answers carry one mark each, wrong answers carry a penalty of -0.25 marks each, and unattended questions carry zero marks.
This table provides a comprehensive overview of the syllabus and marks distribution for the written test for both Light Vehicle Driver-A and Heavy Vehicle Driver-A positions.
How to Apply VSSC Driver Recruitment 2023
- Mode of Application:
- Applications will be received online only.
- All further communications will be made through e-mail/VSSC website only.
- Application Period:
- Visit the VSSC website from 1000 hours on 13.11.2023 to 1700 hours on 27.11.2023 for submission of online applications.
- National Career Service (NCS) Portal:
- Candidates registered under the National Career Service (NCS) portal and fulfilling eligibility conditions may visit the ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated.
- Application Form:
- Complete the online application form on the VSSC website.
- Check E-mail and VSSC Website:
- Regularly check your e-mail and visit the VSSC website for updates and communications.
- Submission of Documents:
- No need to send any documents by post such as a printout of the online application, copies of certificates, or mark lists.
- Application Fee:
- The application fee is initially Rs.500 for all applicants.
- Female/SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PwBD candidates will be refunded the full fee upon appearing in the written test.
- For other candidates, Rs.400 will be refunded in due course, deducting bank charges, on appearing in the written test.
- Payment Method:
- Pay the application fee online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking/UPI only through the Integrated SBI ePay facility.
- Bank Details:
- Correctly furnish bank details for the purpose of a refund of the application fee.
- Registration Number:
- Upon online registration, applicants will be provided with an online Registration Number. Preserve it for future reference.
- Proof of Details:
- Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted online as and when required.
- Biometric Verification:
- Candidates should be willing to undergo biometric verification.
- Multiple Applications:
- In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications, only the latest application against which the application fee has been received within the last date of payment of the application fee will be considered.
- Official Website:
- Candidates are advised to visit only the official website of VSSC/ISRO and beware of fake websites and social media content.
When is the last date to submit VSSC ISRO Driver online application?
The closing date for the submission of online applications is 27.11.2023, with the deadline at 1700 Hrs.
What are the eligibility criteria for the Light Vehicle Driver-A position (Post No. 1521)?
The eligibility criteria include a pass in SSLC/SSC/Matric/10th Std., a valid LVD license, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Light Vehicle Driver. The candidate should meet other requirements of the Motor Vehicle Act of Kerala State within 3 months after joining.
How can I pay the application fee?
The application fee can be paid online through Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet Banking, or UPI using the Integrated SBI ePay facility. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
What is the VSSC Driver 2023 selection process for these positions?
The selection process consists of two levels: a written test and a skill test. The written test includes objective questions based on the Motor Vehicles Act, English, Arithmetic, and General Knowledge. The skill test is on a ‘go-no-go’ basis.
- UKMSSB X-Ray Technician Recruitment Apply nowUKMSSB Release 34 Seat for X-Ray Technician Group C Recruitment in Medical Health Family Welfare Department. Which online application will start on 06/12/2023. UKMSSB X-Ray Technician Recruitment Details X-Ray Technician Recuitment Release by UKMSSB basic Details given in the below Table before Apply you Need to Know About the Organization Notification No. Etc Organization Uttarakhand[…]
- RRC NR Apprentice 2023 Notification now outRailway Recruitment Cell Northern 2024 Apprenticeship offers 2760 ITI Technical positions on a contract basis. Apply through the official website ner.indianrailways.gov.in. The last date for submissions is 11/01/2024. Get application forms and apply offline. Learn more about the official notification, positions, application process, eligibility, and selection on our website. RRC NR Apprentice 2023 Notification Details[…]
- DSSSB Welfare officer, PO Recruitment 2023 Apply OnlineDelhi Subordinate Services Selection Board has released 80 vacancies in various departments for which online applications will be accepted from 05/12/2023. In this recruitment, various departments like the Department of Women & Child Development, and the Department of Social Welfare. Delhi Government has announced vacancies for the posts of Welfare Officer /Probation Officer/ Prison Welfare[…]
- SAIL India Rourkela Technician Recruitment 2023Steel Authority of India (SAIL) has issued recruitment for technician posts for which online applications have been invited. Recruitment has been issued for ITI and Diploma pass students for which online application has started from 20th November 2023. Last date is 16th December 2023. Post for more information. please see full SAIL India Rourkela Technician[…]
- Bombay High Court Recruitment 2023 Apply OnlineThere are 5000+ vacancies for the posts of Stenographer (Grade-3), Junior Clerk and Peon/Hamal in various District Courts of Maharashtra State. For which online applications are being filled. Advertisement/link with more details will be displayed on the website of Bombay High Court on 04/12/2023. For which online application will start from 04/12/2023 Bombay High Court[…]